equine Enrichment & training Volunteer
We are looking to recruit a team of enrichment volunteers to work with our equine herd (donkeys, ponies, horses) and our goats and alpacas, to provide them with enrichment activities, positive interactions and training.
Equine Team Leader and Equine Team
Raystede Centre for Animal Welfare
Days or Hours Required:
- 11am-1pm Seven days a week
- 1pm-3pm Seven days a week
Description of duties:
- Provide enrichment devices for our equine
- Willingness and capable to research enrichment concepts, ideas, and suitability for our animals
- Provide training and exercise for our equine following Raystede training methods
Skills and Experience you will need:
- A love of equine
- Patience and ability to remain calm
- Confident in handling equine and experience in lunging and ground work
- Inventive and creative with the ability to make and adapt your own designs to fit the brief and ensure safety aspects for our animals.
- Ability to follow instructions and practice methods employed
- Polite and engaging manner and happy to talk to visitors
- Confident to work alone and in small teams
- Happy to work outdoors in all weathers
- Ability to cope with a physical role involving some lifting and carrying
- Own transport to get to and from Raystede
How you will make a difference:
Volunteers will help to provide the highest standards of welfare to all of our equine that live with us here in sanctuary for the rest of their lives.
It should be noted that all of our equine are here in sanctuary for various health reasons and we do not offer any riding opportunities at Raystede.
What we offer you:
- A volunteer uniform
- Support and on-going training in your chosen role