Welcome to the Raystede challenge events page!
Please see below for a list of all our current challenge events and fundraising activities that you can get involved with to raise money for Raystede. It is updated regularly.
If you have your own fundraising idea or you are taking part in a challenge event and you want to support Raystede please contact Jeanette on 01825 840747 or email@example.com
Resolution for Raystede
This January why not make way for the new and get rid of the old?! You could ‘Raise for Raystede’ by selling items on Ebay, holding a Car Boot Sale or giving items to our charity shop.
At the end of the year, in December, we will be holding the 2016 Raystede Fundraiser Awards and will be celebrating our biggest fundraising successes. To be in with a chance of joining us on the night, and winning one of our awards, we will be looking for fundraisers in the below categories:
Top fundraiser from one event
Top community fundraiser
Top fundraiser for the entire year
Most imaginative fundraiser
Most challenging event
Raise for Raystede
Sports and Challenge Events - Events Run By Raystede
Up at the O2
We have a limited number of spaces available in the Up the O2 event. If you would like to climb the O2 then please contact us on 01825 840747 as we are currently offering no registration fee. There is a fundraising target of £100 per person, which would care for five of the cats at our centre for a day.
Your O2 challenge begins as you ascend the 52 metre high structure climbing up a 190m long, tensile fabric walkway. When you are
halfway across the iconic O2, at the top, there is a central platform that provides 360 degree views across London. Your climb guide will point out all the landmarks of interest. You will also have your photograph taken before your descent, a permanent reminder of your achievement.
The walk will take approximately an hour and is suitable for most abilities, but please check the FAQs if you are unsure of your capability to do the climb.
If you have any more queries, then please don’t hesitate to contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also sign up by following this link.
If you’d like a really exciting challenge then why not sign up to skydive for Raystede?! You can do this anytime of the year and can sign up by following this link. There’s a £395 fundraising target, which includes a £70.00 registration fee. Did you know £500 would buy 100 heat lamps to keep our dogs and cats warm and snugly during the winter months.
If you would like more information before signing up, then please don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com
2016 Thinking Horsemanship Day- Raystede
Saturday, 13 August 2016
What do horses really need to be happy and healthy? How can we build a safe, fun, trusting relationship with our animals? How do we find a balance between what we want from horse ownership and what they want from us? How can we find out about our horses as individuals and better understand their unique learning styles and 'personalities'? Join us for this event exploring all of these things and more at the Raystede Centre for Animal Welfare
Profits from this event will go towards the fantastic work Raystede does for animals.
If you'd like to book on or find out more information about this unique event, please visit the organiser's website by following this link. You can also phone us on 01825 840747.
London to Brighton Cycle Ride- 11th September 2016
You will start the challenge in South London, travel through Mitcham, Carshalton, Chipstead, Banstead, Haywards Heath and finally to
Brighton having completed 54 miles! No previous experience is required however preparation for this event is highly recommended, and with a bit of training completing this event should easily be within your capabilities. The spirit of the event is 'taking part' not 'winning' so you go as fast or as slow as you like!
If you’d like to sign up you can follow this link. The registration fee is £40.00 per person and the fundraising target is £100.00 per person. If you’d like any more information then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fire-walk- 1st October 2016
Want to help us celebrate cat month? Then why not take part in our tribal Fire Walk on Saturday evening on the 1st October, which will be raising vital funds for the animals at our centre.
The fire walk will be held here at Raystede and after a one hour training session by fire walking professionals, you will begin the exciting challenge of walking bare foot over red-hot wood embers measuring 500 degrees.
The 1st October will be the start of ‘Cat Month’ at Raystede, and so the fancy dress theme for the event will be ‘Cats.’ You could dress as a famous cat, a domestic cat, a wildcat, or any other cat that captures your imagination. Fancy dress is optional, but there will be a prize for the best dressed person.
We’re asking for a registration fee of £10.00 per person, which can be paid by phoning us on 01825 840747. There’s a fundraising target of £100 per person, which would care for one our aviary birds for over 3 weeks.
Stargazing Dinner- 29th October 2016
Here at Raystede we will be holding a stargazing evening. If you would like to come, it will be £30.00 per person, which will include dinner and a chance to gaze at the stars through different telescopes. It's the 'Seven Sisters Astronomical Society' that will be running this event for us and you can read more about the 'SSAS' by visiting their website. Hopefully the clear skies will allow SSAS members to show you some of the many wonders that are in our beautiful earth. Wrap up nice and warm and feel free to bring along your scopes or binoculars, and enjoy a wonderful night with SSAS and Raystede!
Melanie Davies from Creative Space, will also be giving an interesting talk at this event!
Booking is essential, therefore to register interest or to ask for more information, please call Raystede on 01825 840747 or email email@example.com.
Fundraising Volunteer opportunities
We will also need helpers at all of our events, so if you want to be one of our Raystede fundraising volunteers, then get in touch and we’ll give you more information. Duties will range from cheering, helping with logistics on the day, and general responsibilities. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Own Space in an Event
If you have your own space in any event, such as a run, cycle, swim, triathlon, or any other challenge, please let us know and we can send you out a fundraising pack.
Here’s a list of local events that you might have your own space in. If you’d like to do it for Raystede that would be fantastic:
6th March- Eastbourne Half Marathon
2nd May- Burgess Hill 10K
18th June- South Downs Half Marathon
10th July- South Coast Run (Seaford)
2/3rd July- Swim around the Pier
16th October- Brighton and Hove 10 mile road race
Remember to fill out our ‘gift aid declaration’ if you are a UK taxpayer, as this will increase your donations to Raystede by 25p for every £1.00 donated.
Pub Quiz: Hold your own pub quiz. Charge people to enter, and provide a small prize for the winning team.
Raffle: Organise your own raffle. Sell tickets and ask your local companies/ shops for prizes.
Cake Sale/ Coffee Morning: Hold a cake sale, or a coffee morning and then donate the proceeds to Raystede.
Sponsored Dress as an Animal Day: Dress like your favourite animal for a day and ask for sponsorship money. Ask your employer if they’d let the whole office do it!
Car Boot Sale: Sell your unwanted items and donate the profits to Raystede.
Jeans to Work Days: Ask your employer if they’ll let you wear jeans to work for a day. You could charge everyone a fee for doing this and then donate the money to Raystede.
Give a Car: If you scrap your car the value of it will go to Raystede.
Karaoke: Organise a karaoke evening and charge your friends for coming. You can then send the money you make onto Raystede.
Donations Instead of Presents: You could request instead of presents from your friends and family, that donations go to Raystede for birthdays, Christmas, Anniversaries, and Weddings.
- Matched Giving: Why not ask your employer if they will match your sponsorship
- ASK everyone! It may sound obvious however sometimes people are shy about asking for sponsorship. Just remember that it’s for a good cause and most people are more than happy to support you when they know what you are doing and why you are doing it.
- Create your unique online fundraising page and then share it via email, Facebook and Twitter. We are registered with Everyday Hero where you can create your own page by using this link and following the instructions: Everyday Hero. This is such a simple site to set up your donations page I am sure you will find it user friendly. Make sure to SHARE your page with other people so that they can find it and support you.
- Share your personal experiences of Raystede. People will be motivated to give more if you share your own personal stories or experiences of Raystede with them. For example perhaps you re-homed an animal from here, or perhaps your children love to come visit and spend time looking at the goats! Talk about those experiences with the people who you ask for sponsorship.
- Want to supercharge your fundraising? Why not get some special business cards printed for the event. On them you can put your name, details of the challenge and the cause you are supporting (in this case Raystede), plus a link to your unique fundraising page on Everyday Hero (see above). Then hand out your cards to as many people as possible and get your family and friends to do the same. It may still be possible to get business cards printed for free, you could try a Google search. Or you can get business cards printed for a very low cost at Vistaprint.
- Take the paper sponsorship form from your pack to your work or a club you attend. Anywhere in fact where there will be a group of people who know you and would be willing to support you in the challenge.
- Do any of your family members work or visit a busy place where they could gain more sponsorship for you? Ask them to take your form in and gain additional sponsors.
- Share your excitement about the challenge. Your enthusiasm will spark theirs so talk about the challenge, what you are looking forward to (or feeling terrified of!! J) and how you feel about it.
- Make sure your supporters tick the ‘Gift Aid’ column on your sponsorship form. This ensures that we can claim gift aid back from the government for their donation and means that we will receive an additional £2.50 for every £10 you raise! This really makes a difference.
- Start early. The earlier you start the more money you will raise. Start today!
The most important thing is to make a start and keep asking, right up until the last minute. You never know when you might get another YES or a generous donor.
Adobe PDF (500 KiB)