Cheddar Cheese Dog Cookies
You will need:
225g grated Cheddar cheese (use at room temperature)
1 clove of garlic (crushed)
180g wholewheat flour
1 teaspoon of salt
A dash of milk
- Preheat the oven to 375F/ 190C/ gas mark 5.
- Cream the cheese and margarine together, when smooth add the egg and garlic and mix well.
- Add the flour and salt, mix well until a dough form.
- Add a small amount of milk and mix again. The dough should be easy to mould and not too sticky. If it’s too dry and cracks when you squeeze it, add more milk. If it’s wet and sticky, add a little more flour.
- Chill the mixture for one hour in the fridge. Roll the dough onto a floured surface until it is about 4cm thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes.
- Bake on an ungreased baking tray for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container in the fridge.