ADOPT a dog
The Raystede Adoption Guide
Welcome to all you need to know about adopting a dog from Raystede.
First things first:
- We take particular care when rehoming a dog to a family with young children
- The dog will not be left alone for long periods of time
- You have access to a suitable outside area
- If you are planning a holiday or moving home within three months of registering, please delay your application until you are more settled
You can be reassured that all our dogs are:
- Health checked by a vet
- Assessed for their character and temperament
- Neutered (both male and female)
- Vaccinated (first) and treated for protection against kennel cough
- Treated against fleas and worms
- Insured for four weeks
- We are also happy to give you any follow up advice you need once your dog is home with you
As we are a charity we do have to ask for a contribution to some of these costs.
- Dogs 8 years and over - £90
- Dogs 7 months, up to 7 years old - £130
- Puppies (up to and including six months) - £230
Price includes an ID tag, which is required by law under the Control of Dogs Order 1992 - this is the case even if the dog is microchipped.
Want to go ahead with adopting a dog? Just download and complete an application form at home and bring it with you when you visit. Please be sure to give yourself plenty of time as we may be unable to process applicants who arrive after 3pm. Alternatively you can fill out a form when you visit. A member of our kennel team will go through your application with you when you visit and discuss what available dogs we have.
If you choose and find the right dog you can put a reserve on it. It is really important that all members of your household, including any other dogs, meet your chosen dog too and we have a special area to do this safely.
All that remains is to arrange a time to collect the new member of your family. Please phone the Kennels on 01825 880464 to book an appointment with our Rehoming Team.
Ever thought of fostering?
Could you help us with our pet fostering service? If you live in Sussex or Kent we are always looking for volunteers to care for dogs temporarily. We have two different foster schemes at Raystede, if you would like to find out more please contact us on 01825 880478 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Adobe PDF (341 KiB)