Hello my name is Magpie and I am female and nearly 4 years old. I am quite a shy, timid girl and like to be quite independent. I love being outside and hunting during the day then I will come home at night to sleep. I used to live with my sister but as we have grown up I am less keen on sharing the house with her. I would love a nice quiet home with no children, cats or dogs, with a lovely garden to call my own. I may take some time to adjust to a new home so need someone who will be patient with me and let me take things at my own pace. Can you offer me my forever home? Love Magpie xx
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide