Hello my name is Georgie and I am 12 years young. I am a sweet, friendly girl who loves a fuss. I am a typical torti at times, so I sometimes like to be picked up for a fuss but not so much at other times. I will tell you off if you upset me but I forgive very quickly. I really hate being restrained in any way, so I can panic if I am held for too long or if I get my claws caught on blankets etc. I am quite a playful and bright girl too and enjoy going outside so will need a garden. I'm quite confident and will sometimes wander out of the garden. I have been diagnosed with an overactive thyroid so I have just started on medication that I will need to take for the rest of my life. I will take it quite easily in a treat and am fairly good about it, but this does mean I will need my T4, (thyroid levels) checked around every 6 months or so initially to make sure I am on the correct dose. You will need to be happy to take me to a vet for this so there will be some future vet bills. I should absolutely be able to live a full and happy life on these meds without any complications. If you can offer me my forever home please contact the cattery and my staff will be happy to discuss my requirements with you. Love Georgie xx
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide