Hey, my name is Murray and I am currently Raystede''s longest stay dog. I am around 18 months - 2 years old and will require more extensive training and on-going commitment. However, in the right home and environment I can be a great dog, affectionate and cheeky! I will need a very active home and people should defintely research my breed type. All the staff and volunteers love me even though I can be a little bit of a delinquent at times, with training I will continue to mature into a well behaved adult! I''m a young, clever, energetic dog who is becoming frustrated having been in kennels so long, I can become very excitable and boisterous when I play and need on-going training to calm this down and play in a more acceptable manner. I need a home with a garden and more experienced owners who have researched my breed type well or had previous experience. Please check out my facebook page to see what I get up to, Murrray. I also have a youtube film too; https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1K69uvqurik
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide