Hello my name is Elsa and I am 5 years old. I can be shy of new people or strangers initially but am a very sweet, friendly and affectionate girl once I know you. I have quite a thick long coat so need regular grroming which I love. I also enjoy having my tummy tickled and I love to sit on your lap and paddle. I enjoy going outside so would love a nice garden to explore. I may be okay to live with dogs but no other cats please. I may be happier in an environment without too many neighboring cats as I will defend my territory. I have been okay with visiting children aged 9 years and over so may be okay to live with older children. do you have the purrfect home for me? Love Elsa xx
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide