Saskia is a very sensitive dog who needs a calm home environment where she can continue to get the support she needs, she is currently spending some time in foster as she was worried by all the activity here during the day. She is growing in confidence everyday and her playful nature is really shining through as she enjoys her walks in quieter areas. Saskia is worried by strangers and children though she may be able to live with calm older teens if they are patient and give her space to build trust. She can initially be worried by other dogs and will need to be the only dog in the home. She is not suitable to live with cats. Saskia is good in the car and fine left alone. Saskia needs patience and gentle, clearly delivered, on-going training to encourage her to develop.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide