Hi, my name is Daisy and I am a 2 year old female. I came to Raystede after suffering a road traffic accident and my owner was unable to afford the veterinary treatment that I needed. I am all recovered now and I am back to full health. I am looking for an experienced cat owner as I do take time to trust people. I am getting better but I do not always want to be touched so I will need time and patience to build a bond with my new owner. I love to play and explore and I will need a garden please. I would not be suitable with children. I do not like cats and I have not met dogs and would probably be best as the only pet. I can be affectionate but generally on my terms at the moment. In time, I am sure I will be a loving cat, I just need time and space to do things at my own pace. Can you offer me a forever home please? Love Daisy x
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide