Talia is a big dog with a big character. She knows what she likes and, whilst she will compromise, she would really like things her own way! Once people accept her stubborn streak she is a fun dog to care for; playful, amusing and affectionate. Talia walks nicely on the lead, she enjoys her outings in the country, pottering about and exploring, though is not demanding for lots of running about. She likes travelling in the car, is clean in the house and is fine alone for awhile as long as she has had a good walk. Talia would prefer not to live with children as she likes her own space to be respected. She generally ignores dogs and would prefer to be the only dog in the home, so she has all the attention! Talia needs a more experienced home and knowledge of her breed type is advised.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide