Hello my name is Harry and I am approximately 4 years old. I have been living as a stray for a few years and came into Raystede looking rather a scruffy boy due to my extremely long coat being very matted. Despite having been stray I am a very sweet and loving boy once I get to know you, and I purr a lot. I will take a little time to settle back into domestic life but I am sure given time that I will be a super companion as I really do love people and can be quite soppy. I would probably prefer a home without young children and will need someone who is happy to groom my lovely long locks regularly. I will need a garden and may be suited to more of a rural home or one with a large garden. Do you have the purrfect home for me? Love Harry xx
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide