Jake is a very polite and attentive gentleman. Now retired from racing he would love a home where he can relax and enjoy masses of cuddles and affection! Although shy at first he soon learns to trust those around him. Very social with dogs his own size and breed slightly wary of other breeds. Can live with another dog if personalities match can not live cats or small furries. Jake's skin is not in best condition and is currently undergoing treatment. New owners will need to take this into consideration should this be an on going issue.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide