Hi, my name is Cloudy and I am a very handsome grey and white boy aged 6 years. Sadly, my owner has passed away and I am feeling very sad and lost at the moment. I came to Raystede via another cat rescue who thought they had found the perfect home for me but sadly it was not meant to be. I am very scared at the moment and I am looking for an experienced owner who is willing to give me time and space to do things at my own pace. I lived with a gentleman previously so that may help to find a kind man to care for me. I can be very loving but I need to trust you which will take time. But patience is a virtue so I will get there in the end. I have lived with cats and am ok with some so could possibly live with another cat preferably female. I have been bullied in the past by a male cat. No dogs or children please. I do enjoy going outside so a garden is essential for me. Do you have the love, time and patience I need to help me feel settled once again? I do hope so, I would rather not be here. Love Cloudy x
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide