Floyd has spent a month in foster and has surpassed all of our expectations, proving to be a very loving, inquisitive boy. He likes routine and a set structure to the day so would benefit from a home where owners will be with him for most of the day to help support him. Floyd came to us with a lot of anxiety and had learnt to chase his tail as a coping mechanism. In foster he is now enjoying his walks with no spinning and is a bit of a cuddle monster! He does still have moments of chasing his tail but will either stop after a few minutes or can be distracted. Floyd will need to be the only pet in the home and have owners committed to his socialisation around other dogs as he can fixate on them and become defensive if crowded. He is very smart and enjoys being taught new tricks and he also loves to play. Floyd is ready to start the next chapter of his life with people who are calm, loving and can help him reach his full potential.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide