Rocky is an adorable gentleman who isn't really enjoying kennel life. He really wants to be with a loving family and sleeping in a cosy bed. Rocky can be a bit anxious about meeting new people and being touched, but once he knows and trusts them, he is a typical cheeky loveable Labrador! When he arrived he was very overweight, but he is now losing the kilos and has a new zest for life! Rocky can be worried by loud noises and traffic so would prefer a quieter home. He could not live with cats and would prefer a adult only home. He is choosy about the dogs he likes, so would need to be the only dog in the home. Please forget his age, this Gent is now proving to be a lively and the most affectionate dog in our kennels.!
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide