Hi, my name is Cinders and I am approximately 9 years old. I came to Raystede as my owner could no longer afford to look after me. I am a very sweet and affectionate girl, I enjoy a fuss and attention. I can be quite a chatty girl. I am looking for a home as the only cat and no dogs please. I could live with older children but I am not keen if the home is very noisy or busy. I love to go outside so a garden is essential please. I have lots of love to give to the right home. Could I be the cat for you? Love Cinders x
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide