Hello my name is Puss and I am looking for a home with my sister Boots. We are both 8 years old. We are a bit timid since coming into the cattery but we can both be very friendly once we know you. We would probably be happiest in a quiet home with no dogs, other cats or young children. We would love a garden please as we are used to going outside during the day and coming in at night. Do you have the purrfect home for us? Love Puss (and Boots) xx Update: Hello we are still looking for our forever home. We are both very sweet and gentle girls and we both love a fuss. Please do come and see us if you are interested in giving us a home. Love Puss and Boots x
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide