Hello my name is Christy. I am 3 years old and looking for a home with my friend Hazel. We are both extremely loving, affectionate and friendly cats. Both of us love a lap to sit on and we are both super playful and enjoy chasing toys. We are quite high energy cats so we would love someone to be at home for part of the day with us. We can potentially live with older children and a small friendly dog. Hazel has been a bit under the weather but is starting to feel much better now. We will need to have a garden to call our own which we will need a slow introduction to once we have settled in. Do you have the purrfect home for us? Love Christy (and Hazel) xx
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide