Hello my name is Bagheera and I am 12 years young. I am known as 'Baggy' or 'Bags' for short! I am a very sweet, gentle girl who loves a fuss and a lap to sit on although I do also have an independent side. As a kitten, I broke one of my front legs which had to pinned! Ouch! As it healed it has bowed and I have a little bit of a wonky leg. However, this doesn't stop me getting and around and I can use it fine, it just looks a bit different. Because of the way it has healed, I need to live in an environment where it is easy for me to cope. I will need to be on a low dose painkiller for arthritis. Ideally, a bungalow with a small garden area would be perfect. I may need help getting up on things, i.e. bed, sofa just to keep me comfortable. I have lived with children and used to live with a small dog whom I loved. I have also lived with other cats, I like to be friendly with everyone! But perhaps just one friendly male cat if that is the case. Please do contact the cattery if you think you can offer me my forever home. Love Bagheeraxx
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide