Hello, my name is Sonny (husky x) and this is my wife Skye (collie). We are like an old married couple who still really enjoy our walks and exploring! We are currently spending some time in foster to have a break from kennel life. Our foster carer says we are both great characters, Skye loves to play ball and Sonny tries to keep up! We like to play tug of war and play fight too, but once we are done we crash out and snooze. We settle well at night and are able to be left for a couple of hours. Sonny displays behaviours typical of his breed so likes a chat and will need plenty of mental and physical stimulation. Both dogs have worked with education groups on site and are social around adults and calm children. Could live with children that are used to dogs. Not to live with cats. Social with other dogs though will prefer to be the only dogs in the home as they are a bonded pair. Sonny can be vocal in the car but will settle. Both house trained. They are a very sweet pair who would bring a lot of love to someone's home.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide