Your time is the most valuable thing you can give, look at how you can give an animal a better life...
We have so many varied roles available at Raystede Centre for Animal Welfare that directly impact on the care of our animals.
Whether you give your time to care directly with the animals, educate the public about responsible pet ownership, assist our fundraising department in processing payments or sell items in our Charity shop, you will have the satisfaction in knowing that you are giving animals a better life.
Your time matters
At Raystede we understand that people choose to volunteer for a variety of reasons. For some it offers the chance to give something back to the community or make a real difference to the lives of the animals in our care. For others it provides an opportunity to develop new skills or build on existing experience and knowledge. Regardless of the motivation, what unites them all is that they find it both challenging and rewarding. All our volunteers are valued not only for the time they give but the skills and expertise they bring to the Charity and for that, we are committed to providing full encouragement, support and development so that each volunteer's valuable time is best used.
What can you gain?
Volunteering at Raystede is a great way to meet like-minded people who share a passion for animal welfare.
You will also be able to:
- Make a difference to the lives of the animals in our care
- Feel valued and part of a team
- Spend quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle
- Gain confidence and self-esteem
For some, volunteering can be a route to employment, or a chance to try something new which may lead to a career change. From this perspective, volunteering with us can be a way of:
- Gaining new skills, knowledge and experience
- Developing existing skills and knowledge
- Enhancing a CV
- Improving employment prospects
- Using your professional skills and knowledge to help us in the work we do (pro bono)
For others, volunteering appeals because of its social benefits. These include:
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- A chance to socialise
- Getting to know the local community
Look at our current vacancies to find a role for you.