We are looking for organised volunteers to provide support to busy retail team in our onsite shop. Sorting, pricing and reviewing books kindly donated by supporters. This role is suitable for anyone who enjoys working in a retail environment and is interested in books.
Days or Hours Required:
Various shifts available
Description of duties:
· Sorting books that have been donated, keeping an eye out for special or valuable books.
· Pricing books appropriately, taking into account their age, condition and collectability.
· Arranging saleable books in different categories such as travel, cookery and biographies.
· Helping maintain a continuous supply of fresh books to the shop shelves.
· When available, add short reviews of particular books to encourage sales
· Routine dusting and cleaning of the shop, when required
Skills and Experience you will need:
· An enthusiasm for books.
· A knowledge of the value of books and previous experience in a library or book shop is desirable.
· The ability to work as part of a team
· Polite and engaging manner and happy to talk to visitors
· Confident to work alone and in small teams
· Ability to cope with a physical role involving some lifting and carrying
· Own transport to get to and from Raystede
How you will make a difference:
All of the income generated from our busy onsite shop goes straight back into the vital work we do in rehabilitation, rehoming and sanctuary of our animals.
What we offer you:
To apply please download our application form and email it to us at email@example.com or telephone our team on 01825 880491.
Please note we do not accept CV's
If you have not heard from us within two weeks, thank you for your application, however please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.