CAR PARK MARSHAL
What is a Car Park Marshal Volunteer?
Car Park Marshal volunteers have a vital role to play by welcoming our visitors to site as they arrive and managing our busy car park.
They help to protect the health and safety of visitors and play a part in safeguarding the site and our animals.
What are the benefits to you?
· Being part of a friendly and dedicated team
· Volunteering in a beautiful countryside location
· Learning new and useful skills
· Uniform and access to training
· Discount in our café and on pet goods
· Entry to the site before or after shifts
What is the time commitment?
Shifts are between the hours of 9.45am and 4pm, 7 days a week. Shifts are organised and allocated in advance on a rota system. You can give as much of your time as you would like however most volunteers do a 2-hour shift once a week.
· Welcoming our visitors and ensuring they know where to park onsite
· Checking that visitors have pre-booked online
· Interacting with people and being confident in talking to visitors
· Recognising and supporting the specific access needs of all visitors, helping make sure that they have a comfortable, enjoyable, and memorable visit.
· Being part of a rota system
· Becoming familiar with Raystede policies including following fire and security procedures
· Supporting any other activities relevant to the role.
Who is this suitable for?
This role is suitable for someone friendly who enjoys logistics. You will have an enthusiastic and friendly manner, have good time management skills and a passion for animal welfare. You will be good at conveying information in a cohesive and accessible way.
How will you make a difference?
By helping our visitors access swift and easy parking, delivering the first part of a memorable and enjoyable day that enhances our visitors’ experience.
How to apply:
Download and complete our volunteer application form and send to:
Volunteering Department, Raystede Centre for Animal Welfare, The Broyle, Ringmer, East Sussex, BN8 5AJ
To apply please download our application form and email it to us at email@example.com or telephone our team on 01825 880491.
Please note we do not accept CV's
If you have not heard from us within two weeks, thank you for your application, however please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.