VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION: Cattery Behaviour Volunteer
We are looking to recruit a team of volunteers to work within our cattery to maintain our high welfare standards, to provide our cats with enrichment activities, positive interactions and handling while they are waiting to be rehomed.
Cattery Team Leader and Cattery Team
Raystede Centre for Animal Welfare
Days or Hours Required:
Can be flexible, ideally at least once weekly after 11am
Description of duties:
· Spending time with very nervous cats and working with cats that have behavioral issues
· Grooming as necessary
· Provide enrichment devices for our cats
Skills and Experience you will need:
· Ideally a qualification in Feline Behaviour
· Ability to use clicker training would be an asset
Must be experienced in cat behaviour and a good knowledge of cat body language
· A love of cats
· Patience and ability to remain calm
· Confident in handling cats
· Inventive and creative with the ability to make and adapt your own designs to fit the brief and ensure safety aspects for our animals.
· Ability to follow instructions and practice methods employed
· Polite and engaging manner and happy to talk to visitors
· Confident to work alone and in small teams
· Ability to cope with a physical role involving some lifting and carrying
· Own transport to get to and from Raystede
How you will make a difference:
Volunteers will help enrich the lives of our cats and for them to develop in a positive manner to increase their chances of being rehomed quickly.
What we offer you:
· A volunteer uniform
· Support and on-going training in your chosen role
How to apply:
Download and complete our volunteer application form and send to:
HR & Volunteering Team, Raystede Centre for Animal Welfare, The Broyle, Ringmer, East Sussex, BN8 5AJ
To apply please download our application form and email it to us at email@example.com or telephone our team on 01825 880491.
Please note we do not accept CV's
If you have not heard from us within two weeks, thank you for your application, however please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.