VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION: equine training and enrichment Volunteer
We are looking to recruit a knowledgeable volunteer to assist with the care and training of our equines. This person should have previous experience working with or owning their own horse and be confident handling them on the ground. Practical ability to carry out ground work activities – e.g. lunging and long-reining is desired.
Equine Team Leader and Equine Team
Raystede Centre for Animal Welfare
Days or Hours Required:
We require regular commitment and ask for 4 – 5 hours a week as a minimum.
Description of duties:
· Ability to offer knowledge and skill to help the team with the continued positive development of equine care
· Providing our equines with a variety of ground work, training and enrichment
· Socialising with the horses/ponies/donkeys’
· Monitoring health and behaviour
· Feeding and watering, mucking out and sweeping of stables, shelters and yards
· Poo picking and cleaning (e.g. water troughs)
Skills and Experience you will need:
· Previous experience either working with or owing your own horse
· Previous experience in ground work with horses e.g. lunging
· A strong knowledge of equines
· Confidence and previous experience in handling a variety of horses
· Polite, engaging manner and happy to talk to visitors
· Confident to work alone and in small teams
· Happy to work outdoors in all weathers
· Ability to cope with a physical role involving some lifting and carrying
· Own transport to get to and from Raystede
How you will make a difference:
Volunteers help to provide the highest standards of welfare to all our equine that live with us here.
What we offer you:
· A volunteer uniform
· Support and on-going training in your chosen role
· Develop skills and enhance your CV
· You’ll be helping horses to live happy, healthy, fulfilled lives with a team of like-minded people.
It should be noted that all of our equine are here for various health reasons and we do not offer any riding opportunities at Raystede.
How to apply:
Download and complete our volunteer application form and send to:
HR & Volunteering Team, Raystede Centre for Animal Welfare, The Broyle, Ringmer, East Sussex, BN8 5AJ
To apply please download our application form and email it to us at email@example.com or telephone our team on 01825 880491.
Please note we do not accept CV's
If you have not heard from us within two weeks, thank you for your application, however please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.