What is an Events Volunteer?
Events Volunteers assist with a variety of fun and entertaining events at Raystede including our Summer and Christmas Fairs, Family Fun Days to name but a few. They assist in preparation and set up, running activities and stalls and help to clear up, dismantle and shut down afterwards.
They help to protect the health and safety of visitors and play a part in safeguarding the site and our animals.
What are the benefits to you?
· Being part of a friendly and dedicated team
· Volunteering in a beautiful countryside location
· Learning new and useful skills
· Uniform and access to training
· Discount in our café and on pet goods
· Entry to the site before or after shifts
· Access to the events at which you volunteer
What is the time commitment?
Shifts are between the hours of 8am and 4pm, 7 days a week. Organised and allocated in advance on a rota system. You can give as much of your time as you would like.
· Assisting in the preparation for events such as displaying signage and setting up tables, displays and gazebos
· Running a stall on the event days and helping with games and activities and crafting
· Stewarding and general visitor interaction
· Interacting with people and being confident in talking to visitors
· Recognising and supporting the specific access needs of all visitors, helping make sure that they have a comfortable, enjoyable, and memorable visit.
· Being part of a rota system
· Becoming familiar with Raystede policies including following fire and security procedures
· Supporting any other activities relevant to the role.
Who is this suitable for?
This role is suitable for someone who enjoys being outdoors and meeting people. You will have an enthusiastic and friendly manner, have good time management skills and a passion for animal welfare. You will be good at conveying information in a cohesive and accessible way.
How will you make a difference?
By helping our visitors to enjoy a memorable and enjoyable day that delivers much needed funds for our charity.
How to apply:
Download and complete our volunteer application form and send to:
Volunteering Department, Raystede Centre for Animal Welfare, The Broyle, Ringmer, East Sussex, BN8 5AJ
To apply please download our application form and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone our team on 01825 880491.
Please note we do not accept CV's
If you have not heard from us within two weeks, thank you for your application, however please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.