FUNDRAISING EVENTS VOLUNTEER
What is a Fundraising Events Volunteer?
Fundraising Events Volunteers assist with a variety of fun and entertaining fundraising events out in the community including the Brighton Marathon, Country Fayres, and a Peacehaven Cliffs Abseil to name but a few. They assist in preparation and set up, running activities and stalls, registering participants in, cheering and handing out medals, marshalling at the events and help to pack down afterwards.
This role is important – not only will you help to keep our events safe for all but you’ll make sure our fundraising participants feel valued and appreciated and have a really great day.
What are the benefits to you?
· Being part of a friendly and dedicated team
· Volunteering at a range of fun and exciting events
· Learning new and useful skills
· Uniform and access to training
· Discount in our café and on pet goods
What is the time commitment?
Shifts are varied, and largely required on weekends and evenings. We only require that you commit to helping at two events year, but you are very welcome to volunteer at as many events as you would like. We will contact you regularly (no more then once a month) with a list of volunteering opportunities, you are welcome to book on to as many as you would like.
· Assisting in the preparation for events such as displaying signage and setting up tables, displays and gazebos
· Running a stall on the event days and helping with games and activities and crafting
· Stewarding and general visitor interaction
· Cheering and handing out medals
· Registering people in at an event and making them feel welcome
· Interacting with people and being confident in talking to supporters
· Recognising and supporting the specific access needs of all supporters, helping make sure that they have a comfortable, enjoyable, and memorable experience.
· Supporting any other activities relevant to the role.
Who is this suitable for?
This role is suitable for someone who enjoys being outdoors and meeting people. You will have an enthusiastic and friendly manner, have good time management skills and a passion for animal welfare. You will be good at conveying information in a cohesive and accessible way.
How will you make a difference?
By helping us to raise money to look after the animals at Raystede and ensuring our participants enjoy a memorable and enjoyable event.
How to apply:
Download and complete our volunteer application form and send to:
Volunteering Department, Raystede Centre for Animal Welfare, The Broyle, Ringmer, East Sussex, BN8 5AJ
To apply please download our application form and email it to us at email@example.com or telephone our team on 01825 880491.
Please note we do not accept CV's
If you have not heard from us within two weeks, thank you for your application, however please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.