FUNDRAISING OFFICE VOLUNTEER
What is a Fundraising Office Volunteer?
Fundraising Office Volunteers work with the fundraising team to help raise money to look after and rehome the animals at Raystede. They assist with a variety of administrative tasks from writing thank you letters, scanning documents, putting together fundraising packs, making up goodie bags and sometimes making phone calls to supporters. If you like to be part of a busy team and get involved with a wide variety of office-based tasks and projects, and enjoy inspiring and thanking people to raise funds, then this is the role for you.
What are the benefits to you?
· Being part of a friendly and dedicated team
· Volunteering in a beautiful countryside location
· Enjoying varied and interesting work
· Learning new and useful skills and getting office work experience
· Access to training
· Discount in our café and on pet goods
· Knowing that you are making a difference.
What is the time commitment?
Shifts are 3-7 hours a week, on one or two days a week between Monday and Friday 8.30-4.30.
· Putting together fundraising packs and making up goodie bags
· Data entry
· Writing thank you letters and certificates to thank our fantastic fundraisers
· Research projects, for example finding banner sites across Sussex, researching events we can attend to promote Raystede, or researching training tips for our runners
· Telephoning supporters and volunteers to say thank you
· Sourcing raffle prizes
· Scanning documents
· Booking volunteers to help at events
Who is this suitable for?
This role is suitable for someone who enjoys completing tasks and projects and working as part of a team. You must be computer literate, comfortable using Windows packages and be confident using the telephone. You will have good interpersonal skills and have an encouraging and motivating manner.
How will you make a difference?
By helping us to raise money to look after the animals at Raystede – through supporting with the planning and organising of fundraising activities and offering excellent customer service to our supporters.
How to apply:
Download and complete our volunteer application form and send to:
Volunteering Department, Raystede Centre for Animal Welfare, The Broyle, Ringmer, East Sussex, BN8 5AJ
To apply please download our application form and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone our team on 01825 880491.
Please note we do not accept CV's
If you have not heard from us within two weeks, thank you for your application, however please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.