VOLUNTEER rOLE DESCRIPTION : REHOMING ASSISTANT volunteer
We are looking for confident, empathetic, organised volunteers to provide support to our Rehoming Team who process some 1500 admissions and adoptions of animals through Raystede each year. This role is suitable for anyone who enjoys working in an office environment and is interested in promoting responsible pet ownership and rehoming.
Raystede Centre for Animal Welfare
Days or Hours Required:
· We are looking to recruit one or multiple volunteers to help mainly on weekends, Mondays and Tuesdays.
Description of duties:
· Answer enquiries via telephone, email and in-person from owners needing to surrender their pets and from potential adopters looking to adopt an animal from Raystede
· Answer general enquiries regarding all aspects of animal rehoming
· Produce posters for use on site at Raystede to promote the adoption of available animals
· Compile Adoption Packs for people adopting animals from Raystede
· This role is primarily office-based, with some interaction with animals
Skills and Experience you will need:
· Confident communicating via telephone, email and in-person
· Ability to work discreetly and respect confidential information
· Polite, engaging and empathetic manner
· Good IT skills
· Own transport to get to and from Raystede
How you will make a difference:
Your support will directly benefit our animals and their owners by providing a thorough and professional service.
What we offer you:
· A volunteer uniform
· Support and on-going training in your chosen role
How to apply:
Download and complete our volunteer application form and send to:
HR & Volunteering Team, Raystede Centre for Animal Welfare,The Broyle, Ringmer, East Sussex, BN8 5AJ
To apply please download our application form and email it to us at email@example.com or telephone our team on 01825 880491.
Please note we do not accept CV's
If you have not heard from us within two weeks, thank you for your application, however please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.