VISITOR ENGAGEMENT VOLUNTEER
What is a Visitor Engagement Volunteer?
Visitor Engagement (VE) Volunteers have an important role to play through engaging with our general daily visitors at Raystede. VE volunteers answer questions, share facts about our animals and help maintain a calm environment around site. They have a good knowledge of the work of our charity and our animals. They communicate with the public in a friendly manner to deliver our key learning messages.
Visitor Engagement volunteers work closely with the Customer Service team and Welcome team volunteers to give visitors a greater appreciation of animal welfare and the work of Raystede.
For passionate individuals who are confident in public speaking, there is an opportunity to develop this role further into delivering talks and tours.
What’s in it for you?
· Being part of a friendly and dedicated team
· Volunteering in a beautiful countryside location
· Learning new and transferable skills
· Opportunities to deliver talks and tours
· Uniform and access to training
· Discount in our café and on pet goods
· Entry to the site before or after shifts
What is the time commitment?
Shifts are between the hours of 11am and 3pm, 7 days a week. Shifts are organised and allocated in advance on a rota system. You can give as much of your time as you would like however most volunteers commit to a regular weekly shift of a couple of hours or more.
· Interacting with visitors and responding to questions about our animals.
· Helping to maintain a safe and calm environment for visitors and our animals.
· Providing information leaflets and directing visitors around the site.
· Recognising and supporting the specific access needs of all visitors, helping make sure that they have an enjoyable and memorable visit.
· Being part of a rota system.
· Becoming familiar with Raystede policies including following fire and security procedures.
· Supporting any other activities relevant to the role.
Who is this suitable for?
This role is suitable for someone who enjoys talking to people, including children and helping them learn about animal welfare. A friendly, approachable manner and excellent communication skills are a must. A passion for animal welfare and commitment to helping Raystede deliver key messages is essential.
How will I make a difference?
By helping our visitors to learn about animal welfare, you are supporting the educational aims of the charity and animals more widely.
How to apply:
Download and complete our volunteer application form and send to:
Volunteering Department, Raystede Centre for Animal Welfare, The Broyle, Ringmer, East Sussex, BN8 5AJ
To apply please download our application form and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone our team on 01825 880491.
Please note we do not accept CV's
If you have not heard from us within two weeks, thank you for your application, however please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.