WELCOME TEAM VOLUNTEER
What is a Welcome Team Volunteer?
Welcome Team Volunteers have a vital role to play by welcoming our visitors to site and delivering the first part of a memorable and enjoyable day that enhances our visitors’ experience. They have a good knowledge of the site, enjoy giving information and have a passion for Raystede and animal welfare.
The role involves welcoming visitors, helping them to discover our site, what animals live here and how to get the most from their visit. Welcome Team volunteers help to protect the health and safety of visitors and play a part in safeguarding the site and our animals.
Welcome Team volunteers work closely with Raystede’s Customer Service team and Visitor Engagement Volunteers to give visitors a greater appreciation of animal welfare and the charity.
What are the benefits to you?
· Being part of a friendly and dedicated team
· Meeting and interacting with people from all walks of life
· Volunteering in a beautiful countryside location
· Learning new and useful skills
· Uniform and access to training
· Discount in our café and on pet goods
· Entry to the site before or after shifts
What is the time commitment?
Shifts are between the hours of 10am and 3pm, 7 days a week. Shifts are organised and allocated in advance on a rota system. You can give as much of your time as you would like however most volunteers do a 2-hour shift once a week.
· Welcoming our visitors (who have booked online) and checking them in through our simple, user-friendly online system
· Interacting with people and being happy and confident in talking to visitors when they arrive
· Recognising and supporting the specific access needs of all visitors, helping make sure that they have a comfortable, enjoyable, and memorable visit
· Being part of a rota system
· Becoming familiar with Raystede policies including following fire and security procedures
· Provide information and maps and answering initial queries about their visit
· Supporting any other activities relevant to the role.
Who is this suitable for?
This role is suitable for someone who enjoys talking to people. You will have an enthusiastic and friendly manner, be confident in talking to people, have good time management skills and a passion for animal welfare. You will be good at conveying information in a cohesive and accessible way and be able to adapt your skills and knowledge to suit different audiences.
How will I make a difference?
Animal welfare education starts from the moment our visitors arrive and you will be the first touch point for setting the expectation of our visitor’s experience. By helping our visitors start their journey around our site, you can ensure visitors know where to go and how to interact with our animals to enhance their visit and protect the high standards of animal welfare onsite.
How to apply:
Download and complete our volunteer application form and send to:
Volunteering Department, Raystede Centre for Animal Welfare, The Broyle, Ringmer, East Sussex, BN8 5AJ
To apply please download our application form and email it to us at email@example.com or telephone our team on 01825 880491.
Please note we do not accept CV's
If you have not heard from us within two weeks, thank you for your application, however please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.