Hi, my name is Picachu and I am male aged 11 years. Sadly, my owners were emigrating so I am hoping to find a new forever home. I am a really sweet boy, affectionate and like a lap once I trust you. I am not keen on loud noises so a quiet adult home may suit me best though I have lived with teenagers before but again, they would need to be respectful of my needs. I would need to be the only cat and no dogs please. I do enjoy going outside but do not tend to wander too far. Can you offer me a loving, forever home please? Love Picachu x
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide