Gizmo is a friendly, polite dog and a real gentleman. He bonds closely to people and likes making new friends, enjoys playing with squeaky toys followed by a cuddle on the sofa. He is used to being left and travels well in the car. Gizmo can be worried by lots of activity and loud noises so needs a calmer home environment and areas to walk. He can be boisterous with other dogs and can take a disliking to some. Gizmo is not suited to live with cats. He could live with calm, older children that are used to dogs, as long as the home is not too busy and noisy. Gizmo is a little overweight and needs to follow a diet and exercise programme to get him fit and healthy. He may suffer from re-occurring ear infections which would require treatment.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide