Dolly (right) and Bella (left) are mother and daughter aged 7 and 12 years. They are a cheeky pair who enjoy their walks, plenty of cuddles and a warm bed to snuggle in. Dolly and Bella can dislike some dogs and are not suitable to live with cats, they could possibly live with calm, older children. They can be worried by some men so will need to be walked in quieter areas away from lots of crowds. Dolly and Bella are house trained, travel well in the car and can be left fine for a few hours. They will ideally require a home with a garden to explore. Dolly has a heart murmur, though currently does not require any medication.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide