Hello my name is Monica and I am 4-5 months old. I came in with my siblings after being rescued from living in someones garden. We were all very scared when we first arrived as we had not met humans before. Three of my siblings have now found homes and I would love to find a home with my brother Roger. We are both much braver than we were and now like to be stroked. We have never bitten or scratched anyone but we are just a bit flighty so need a calm, experienced home to allow us time to settle in. We do love to play and can be very lively. We could possibly live with another cat but have not met dogs and would not be suitable for young children. Do you have the purrfect home for us? Love Monica and Roger xx
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide