Hi, my name is Spartacus and I am a very handsome 16 year old male. My owner passed away so I am feeling very sad at the moment as I had been with him since I was a kitten. I am finding life in the cattery a bit overwhelming so would love to find a forever home very soon. I am a very sweet boy once I trust you but can be afraid of new situations and people initially. I need a quiet adult only home with no other pets. I would be fine as an indoor only cat but it would be nice if there was a safe balcony or small patio so that I can get some fresh air and sunbathe. I enjoy watching the birds. Generally, I am very healthy for my age but I am showing very early signs of renal disease so a renal diet is recommended. Is there someone special out there who will take care of me in my latter years? Love Spartacus x
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide