Chico is a sweet Chihuahua that can be worried by new people, especially men. He has had a few homes in his short life and would prefer a calm, quiet home where he can build confidence. He is not house trained so new owners need to have time and patience to work on this. He has previously lived with children but was not so keen on them, any children his new home would need to be older (14+) and respectful of him. He is social with most other dogs, no history relating to cats so would need cat testing. Chico is not used to travelling in the car, so local drives only and being prepared to make experiences positive is a must.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide