Smooch is a handsome young dog, he is a large breed cross and likely to grow still (maybe Great Dane/ Mastiff mix?). ! He is very friendly, enthusiastic and strong so will need high level commitment to training, he should enjoy this as he is attentive and eager to please. He is social with other dogs though boisterous so any dogs in the home need to be robust (medium/ larger in size), he is not suitable to live with cats. Due to his strength and boisterousness, any children in the home need to be older teens and confident.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide