Hi, my name is Salt and I am a gorgeous 10 year old female. Sadly, due to ill health of my owner, I am looking for a new forever home. Not long after arriving at Raystede, they discovered that I am diabetic and I need two injections of insulin daily. Ideally, I am looking for a home with someone who has had a diabetic cat before however, Raystede staff would be more than happy to show you how to do them. I could possibly live with older children but have been used to a fairly quiet home. No other cats or dogs please. I am affectionate and very friendly and like a fuss. I would like a garden in my new home please but I do not tend to wander far. I am a really sweet girl with lots of love to give, could I be the cat for you? Love Salt x
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide