Hi, my name is Kipper and I am female aged 8 1/2 years. I came to Raystede as I did not get along with the other cat in the home. I was in a poor state on arrival and had to be treated for mange. I also had problems with both my ears where the edges had poor blood perfusion and caused parts of my ears to fall off. The vet needed to check that I did not have cancer and due to the poor state of my ears, both had to be removed. Luckily, my results all came back clear and I am now ready to find a new forever home. Please do not be put off by my looks, I am a super affectionate girl and have a lovely nature. I enjoy human companionship and love a lap. I am fine with children 5 years and over but would need to be the only cat. No dogs either please. I like going outside so I will need a garden. If you fancy a loving cat with quirky looks, then I could be the cat for you. Please come and meet me. Love Kipper x
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide