Tilly is a friendly dog that loves to play fetch and then have lots of tummy tickles afterwards! She arrived at Raystede after being found dumped out on the streets, the dog wardens collected her and brought her into our care. When she arrived it was obvious something was not quite right and after some tests it was determined Tilly has Cushings disease. She is now on regular medication to help her and new owners would need to take on this responsibility to keep her happy. Tilly is indifferent to most dogs but is likely to prefer being the only pet in the home. She gentle around children, advise resident children are 12 years or older. Tilly is not used to travelling in the car so would prefer a home where she can have local walks and not need to travel regularly. Tilly would love a forever home with lots of company and a nice garden to explore in! If you would like more information about Tilly, please enquire with the kennels team.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide