Hi, my name is Rusty and I am a gorgeous 15 year old boy. I came to Raystede with Hazel so we could be homed together or separately. We are here due to ill health of our owner. I am a very friendly and soppy boy who will do anything to try and get on your lap! I love lots of fuss and I enjoy human company. I like to be brushed which is important with my lovely long coat and to keep me looking so handsome. I should be fine with older children as long as they are kind and respectful of my needs. No dogs please and no other cats unless it is Hazel. I do suffer from Hyperthyroidism so I am on medication but I am doing great. I would like a garden so that I can have a little sunbathe when the weather is warmer. I still have lots to offer to the right home. Do you have room in your heart and home for me? Love Rusty x
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide