Hi, my name is Ruby, I am a beautiful Tortoiseshell female. I have been at Raystede for a while now but I keep getting overlooked so I would really love to find my forever home. I am quite a confident girl once I know you and I can be a bit cheeky at times so I would not suit a first time owner. I like attention and I will sometimes sit on your lap. I generally like a fuss on my terms. I love to play and my favourite toys are shoe laces. I would be happiest in adult-only home. No other cats pIease and I do not like dogs. I enjoy going outside so I will need a garden please. Is there someone out there who will give me a chance? Love Ruby x
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide