Hi, my name is Pickle and I am a 8 month old male. I came to Raystede due to there being too many cats in the home. I am a deaf boy so I am looking for a special home ideally with someone who has experience with a deaf cat. It is also possible that I may have a mild form of cerebellar hypoplasia which causes me to wobble a bit but I do manage very well. My home needs to be with someone who is home for at least part of the day and in an ideal world, has an enclosed garden or cat run so that I can get some fresh air and enjoy the outside world a bit. As I am deaf, I would be unable to hear cars so the garden does need to be safe. As a young cat, I do enjoy play. I am very affectionate and love cuddles. I am good with other cats but have not met dogs. I may benefit from being with a cat of a similar age and temperament to have fun with. I would be fine with children over 5 years but they need to be kind and respectful of my needs. Could I be the cat for you? Love Pickle x
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide