Hi, my name is Max and I am 11 years old. I came to Raystede as my owners were moving and unable to take me with them. I am a very sweet and gentle boy, I can be shy initially but once I know you, I am very loving. I could possibly live with older children but I am not keen on very busy, noisy homes. I would probably prefer to be the only cat however, I have lived with a cat previously so if our personalities matched, that may be ok. I may be ok with a small, calm dog. I do love to go outside so a garden is essential please. I am a lovely boy with lots of love to give to the right home. Love Max x
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide