Drift is an anxious dog, he seeks lots of reassurance and will require a calm, patient, adult only home able to work on this. He is wary around new people and other dogs, he will need to be the only dog in the home. He may be fine with children visiting the home as long as they are very calm, respectful and well supervised. Drift is fine left alone a few hours and is house trained, unfortunately he is worried by travelling in the car. Will require walks in quieter areas and would not cope walking in a town or busy park areas. Drift is a sweet dog who bonds very closely to people who have taken the time to gain his trust.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide