Hi, my name is Jabez and I am male aged nearly 16 years old. I came to Raystede as I was unhappy living with another cat. I am a gorgeous friendly boy looking for a nice home to call my own. Ideally, I would like an adult only home but could possibly live with older children. No dogs or cats please. I do have very early renal disease so I need to be fed a renal diet which I like. I would be a lovely companion for someone as I enjoy lots of fuss and attention. A garden would be nice for me to sunbathe but I will need a litter tray down at all times. I am a very handsome boy and still have lots to offer to the right home. Could I be the cat for you? Love Jabez x
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide