Katie is a friendly, polite dog who forms close bonds to people. She can be a little anxious at times, especially around lots of activity and traffic. Katie is worried by other dogs, becoming reactive and this is likely to require an on-going commitment to training. She is not suited to place with cats. Katie may be able to live with older children. She is house trained and travels well. She may be anxious if left alone.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide