Hi, my name is Smudge and I am 8 years old. I am a lovely boy looking for a special person as I do have some health issues. I have arthritis in my elbows so may need medication for life to help support me. That said, I am a very happy and affectionate boy, I love fuss and attention. I am very gentle and love to have a cuddle on your lap. I am looking for a home with a garden but will need to be introduced slowly to as I have always been kept indoors. I have lived with cats before so could potentially live with a female or two. I have not met dogs but think I would prefer not to meet thank you. I am not keen on loud noises so a quiet home would suit me best so no young children. Is there room in your heart and home for me? Love Smudge x
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide